Sunday, October 29, 2006

Episode 3

I admite that I wasn't getting into the music very much. It wasn't until the poem 'The Women Gather' was I intrested. I thought the peom was very interesting. After that they got into the sounds of my city where the guy brought a tape recorder around, I think it was New York City. I liked the guitar in the background. I really liked the song, 'Anytime' from The Music of New Orleans, Volume 3: Music of the Dance Halls. Then another song, 'Snowy Morning Blues,' I liked that song too. Then later they went into a little bit of yodaling music, which honestly I did not like very much. From then on I didn't really get into any of the other music, until they played the Bob Dylan song. I think it's interesting how he sings stories. This one being about a mother who's son goes to war and comes back practically unrecognizable from being shot and wounded and disfigured from the war. It sounded to me like the son only went to for his mothers pride and when he came back, it seemed like he slightly blamed her. May be I am totally off, but thaats what it kind of struck me as.

No comments: